From time to time we have open chairs at Football Insiders for writers looking to gain experience, grow their brand and to be part of an aggressive up-tempo content team.
We are considering adding up to four new voices in 2017, and what we are looking for is very specific.
Here are the criteria:
– A body of professional work that reflects an understanding of the NFL and the business of football.
– Must live within 30 minutes of an NFL team.
– Must be willing to write two to three times per week on various topics as assigned.
– Must write in AP style and meet assigned deadlines.
– Be willing to appear in Podcasts and Video projects as needed and scheduled.
– Have a strong understanding of social media and its role in audience development.
– Be willing to work in a demanding virtual team environment.
Some things to know and consider:
– We are not hiring full-time people. If you are seeking a full-time gig, this is not that.
– This will be a low or non-compensation role initially. We need to understand your value and fit.
– We have a long track record of creating opportunities for those that excel in our program.
– This will be a lengthy interview and evaluation process. We take this very seriously, so should you.
– If you are not committed to being great, this is not the right situation for you.
If you are interested, please drop an e-mail with the following:
– Your full name and the NFL market closest to you.
– A brief re-cap of professional work you have done in the space.
– Some links to work you have had published
– Your Twitter handle.